Oh my god the hills!!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

So part of our wonderful training (no, that's not sarcasm ;) is to train to run on different kinds of terrain since a lot of my teammates are running the Nike womens marathon in San Francisco. Well thank you to the genius who built San Francisco on a set of mountains! Ok maybe not mountains but..big hills regardless. So for our Tuesday hill workout on 9/2/08 we went out to a very hill-y area in Walnut Creek to practice. I can't really describe the workout other than saying after a very exhausting warm up - I thought my lungs were going to burst when I got to the top of the big hill. I was glad to find that I wasn't the only one panting like a 20 year old dog on a hot summer day :) All I have to say is...I'm kind of glad I didn't pick the San Francisco marathon - haha. Just kidding - everyone who's participating is going to dominate those hills. Plus I have some hills to worry about myself, anyone ever hear of Diamond peak in Honolulu?? Yeah I have, not so cool. Will post pictures of the hill workout when I get them - for tonight it'll be a nice 40 minute run in the 97 degree heat! Actually, while I'm thinking about it, better go get me some H2O!!!

0 comments: