My first blog!!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008




Ok, I know I am a bit behind for this since it is September 2nd and I started training at the beginning of August..but what can I say, I'm technologically inept and a huge procrastinator. But better late than never is what I always say :) Also the keyboard I'm using has some kind of communication problem with this computer because it misses almost every third letter I type so bear with me if you find a lot of mis-spelled words. So to get down to it. I really wanted to start this blog because I wanted everyone to be able to see what's going on as far as this training thing goes. It will be especially helpful for the Michiganders out there who might doubt the fact that I'm even running - haha :) Also because I can at least try to convey what an amazing cause this really is and how it effects different people. So the team I am training with is called Team in Training. This organization works directly with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to raise funds for research and patients dealing with leukemia, lymphoma, hodgkins disease and myeloma. The team will provide me with coached runs, lots and lots of helpful information and clinics on running and how to prepare and also a team!! Since we're already a month in...I've met most of the people on our team and have found every one of them a true inspiration about how much good there is out there. So I will try to keep up on this blog with updates on runs, distances, if I'm still alive or not ;) and how close I am to my fundraising goal. I hope everyone checks in on me often!!! Will blog more soon.

0 comments: